First grade will expand on Kindergarten skills with the emphasis on developing math, reading, and writing skills
to enable the child to read and write for pleasure.
- Bible-Bible stories and Bible memory verses will be incorporated
daily into class curriculum.
- Math concepts-Addition and subtraction using real-life scenarios(word problems),
units of measurement, and timed tests to develop math mastery.
- Reading-Phonics(short vowels and long vowels) are incorporated into the structured reading
program. Students will progress through pre-primers and Reading for Christian Schools textbooks.
- Victory Drill books-will help develop sight reading mastery.
- Language/grammar-exercises will be used in developing writing skills. Emphasis will be given to
capital letters, ending puncuation, possessives, and plurals.
- Spelling list-will be used to master words related to weekly concepts.
- Music-Expanding Kindergarten music theory with singing and chord recognition, familiarity
with the grand staff, and being able to sing in tune.
- Physical Education-President's Physical Fitness, sports, and cooperative games.
- Social Studies, Science, Art-units will be based on seasonal themes.